Losing important data has long been a nightmare for Mac users. Unwanted scenarios like deleting files mistakenly, formatting a drive by accident, malware infection, file system corruption, and more happen sometimes. So, what to do if you find yourself getting into any of the said troubles then? Is there any way that you can get the deleted or lost data back from your Mac hard drives, external hard drives, SD cards, and USB flash drives?
Luckily, the answer is yes! To recover all your deleted or lost videos, audio, files, and pictures on a Mac machine with ease, data recovery software is always the most suggested solution. In this article, we will show you the best Mac data recovery software in detail, and you can pick one of them to help you get rid of the losing-data trouble according to your preference. OK, without further ado, let’s get started!
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a fully developed and easy-to-use data recovery tool, which can help Mac users get lost or deleted files back from Mac hard drives and external storage devices without losing data.
- Offer 1GB free data recovery
- Unbootable Mac computer data recovery
- Preview the found files before recovery
- Scan records can be saved and loaded
- Data recovery for Intel-based and Apple silicon Macs
- Retrieve data from Mac’s hard drive encrypted by the T2 chip
- Support finding and recovering files from lost APFS partitions
- Support APFS, APFS encrypted, HFS+, FAT32, and exFAT file system
- macOS 13 Ventura – Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan supported
- No support for iOS or Android devices
- No support for corrupt file repair
A Detailed Tutorial on How to Recover Deleted or Lost Files on Mac Using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
1. Free download, install, and launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac device.
2. Select the disk or volume that you lose data from, and click the Search for Lost Data button to search for missing data on it.
3. Wait until the scan process is completed, then preview the found files to locate the wanted files.
4. Tick the checkbox next to the files you want to recover, and click on the Recover button.
The latest updates on iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac bring a redesigned and Finder-like user interface, which makes the activity of recovering data for Mac users more easily performed. Given the powerful ability it gets on recovering multiple types of files, it is truly easy and reliable enough for beginners and veterans to use.
Also, it can deal with a solid number of data loss scenarios, including formatting a drive accidentally, deleting files mistakenly, virus attacks, system crashes, Mac not turning on, or emptying the Mac Trash stored valuable documents. All these features mentioned above make iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac the best data recovery software in the market.
Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill for Mac is another Mac data recovery software for Mac OS X 10.15.7 and later versions, which is designed to scan and recover lost files from Mac computers and peripheral devices, like external hard drives, USB flash drives, or SD cards. Also, it is equipped with disk cleanup tools for users to free up space on Mac.
- Free S.M.A.R.T. disk health monitoring to safeguard disk health
- Support a great number of file formats
- Intel-based and M1 Mac supported
- Recover files from APFS, HFS+, FAT32, exFAT, ext3, and ext4 file systems
- Support iOS and Android (rooted) devices
- The free version cannot restore files only offer the preview function
- Encrypted APFS data recovery is not supported
Though Disk Drill for Mac is a really powerful data recovery software since it can restore hundreds of different formats of files from Mac computers, and other commonly used storage devices, such as Android and iOS devices, you can only preview recoverable files in its free version. If you want to get the found files recovered, then you’d have to pay for its full version.
It’s always a bit annoying when you see your wanted things close but can’t get them, isn’t it? Anyway, if you are willing to pay for a Mac data recovery tool, Disk Drill for Mac could be a nice choice for you.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
Boasting easy-to-perform steps, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac makes the process of recovering data simple for Mac users. This data recovery tool allows users to restore 1000 file types from Mac running macOS 13 – OS X 10.9, and other storage media. Let’s move forward to learn about its advantages and disadvantages.
- 2GB of data can be recovered at no cost using the free version
- User-friendly interface
- Recover photos, documents, audio, emails, music, etc
- Preview scanned-out files before recovery
- Recover files from APFS, HFS+, HFS X, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS file systems
- More expensive subscription price than competitors
- No support for scanning the entire drive
- Mediocre scanning speed and inaccurate scan time demonstrate
- Cannot recover files from encrypted APFS drives
Despite its aesthetically pleasing user interface, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac offers a simple way to recover deleted documents from your Mac computer within a couple of clicks. It also supports restoring files from fusion drives and even Time Machine backups, which is rarely seen in Mac data recovery software.
Moreover, it can filter the scanned results, which greatly improves recovery efficiency. But, despite all its shining features, the scanning speed of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is slower than some of its competitors, and it may be too expensive to get a Pro version. Regardless of these shortcomings, it’s still a trustworthy Mac data recovery program.
In this article, we introduce 3 powerful data recovery software for Mac: iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, Disk Drill for Mac, and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac. According to our research and test, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is the most advisable and commercial choice if you need to recover lost or deleted files from Mac or any disk-based storage device.